Marketing & Event Coordinator - Job Description
Our Marketing & Event Coordinator works for a variety of clients primarily within the Wellington/ Kāpiti region. We are fortunate to work with a large majority of not for profits, so if you are after a role that also provides that feel-good factor - then this is for you.
This is a really varied role that will ensure you are always doing something different and growing your skill-set on a daily basis!
This is a 20-30hr contractor role, you will need your own laptop and phone for this role and the ability to travel, as you will be working independently for the majority of the time.
We are looking for an applicant with 2-3 years minimum working in a marketing role, event coordination experience advantageous but not essential if willing to learn.
- Ensure a strategic approach is applied across all our marketing activities for both PomPom and all clients
- Prepare annual marketing plans
- Prepare and maintain WIP annual communications schedules for all clients
- Follow brand guidelines and brand strategies
- Prepare marketing campaign plans and briefs as necessary
- Ensure key messaging is developed and utilised for each individual client.
- Coordinate content across all marketing channels: Website, Mailerlite, Mailchimp Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, SnapChat for PomPom and clients
- Management of all channels for ensuring key information is kept up to date at all times
- Website management, ensure portfolio, courses/programmes and opportunities are up to date and keep content fresh with use of blog content
- MailerLite, Mailchimp: Regular EDM campaigns for clients and PomPom, to keep the database up to date with current information
- Social media, develop content to engage and grow audiences to ensure key messaging is available across all social media platforms for all clients and PomPom
- Utilise stories and reels to engage target audiences
- Manage Social Media and Google advertising campaigns
- Ensure all documents are created and saved in a way that allows others to access these on the Google Drive or Dropbox
- Maintain the Marketing/Communication Google Drive folders: photos and video libraries, design files etc
- Managing and ensuring all consent forms regarding video, images are signed and in an accessible folder
- Keep a monthly report of all clients and PomPom marketing channels to review growth and assist with future marketing
- Prepare briefs for photography and videography projects for events, supporting Event Managers
- Manage communications and project rollout, including proofing and identifying required edits
- Prepare scripts and other supporting material as required
- Create graphics in-house using the brand guidelines for both PomPom and their clients
- Brief in graphic designer when appropriate for outsourced work
- Basic video editing skills for clients and PomPom
- Write regular press release content as part of annual marketing activities for clients
- Create content in conjunction with Graphic Designer for Media advertising as and when required
- Provide event support across clients events as required with event logistics, planning, bookings and delivery.
- Ability to work autonomously and from home or own office
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled copywriter
- Self-management skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Great attention to detail
- Confident using both G Suite and Microsoft programmes
- Confident using marketing and social media platforms
- Basic Graphic Design skills using applications like Canva or Abode Creative Cloud programmes
- Basic video editing skills
A work from home position, with some travel required for key meetings, events and essential marketing activities.
Your own laptop and phone are essential.
Hours - 20 - 30hrs per week on average, with flexibility to work additional hours during pressure points.
In return the successful applicant can expect:
- Flexible working hours
- The ability to work from home
- Hourly rate depending on experience
- Varied work across a range of clients
- To work for a Partnership that values work-life balance, giving back to their community and supporting those doing great work.
Sound like a bit of you? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV to apply today!